Tuesday, 20 January 2015

2014 Review and Update

Thought I might do a review of my 2014 in pictures as I have been enjoying other people's even if mine is a little late. I have chosen the images that are my favourite, not necessarily my best.




Both shots on the Dal lake in Srinagar - Kashmir. Kashmir was a bit of a failed venture but still a fascinating trip none the less.


Quite simple - on a bus in Mumbai.


Basanti Dasi, one of the widows of Vrindavan in her Ashram. She just seemed to get what I wanted out of the picture and just let me get on with it.


Like a model in a fashion shoot. A kushti wrestler having a shower in Delhi.


Syrian refugees chilling out on a landfill near Beirut. They where really sweet. I think they where just taking a moment away from everything.


Ali Srour is a land mine survivor from the south on Lebanon. We met up for an interview and he showed me around his town and took me to see the Israel/ Palestine border. He was very open to me about his experiences and I think he is a top guy.


A photo of my subjects Susan's father shot during my assignment at the Eddie Addams Workshop no 27.



I have recently started photographing Oldham Athletic fans. Very different to my usual work but I am having a seriously good time doing it. The fans have really made me feel welcome so cheers to everyone helping me out with the project.


George not happy at Oldham Athletics 7-0 loss away at MK dons


Keith at MK Dons happy to be allowed a half time cig.

Update

I have stationed my self in Oldham, North West England. I am currently working on a number of projects. The Oldham Athletic work is starting to get published which is great. I am also planing a photo film as well as a potential book on the subject, so watch this space. I am also working on other long term investigations in the area which I should be able to start showing soon.

Peter Kirk Fund

I am very happy to announce that I have been awarded the Peter Kirk Scholarship this year and will be working on a project in Poland for two months starting February. 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment